Celebrating 30 Years
BCAITC is thirty this year! Who would have thought that a simple idea borne around a farmer’s table would impact so many youths today? BCAITC has now established itself as the leader in BC K-12 agriculture and food education and has grown by leaps and bounds over the past 30 years:
- BCAITC now reaches over half a million students in classrooms in all regions of the province.
- The organization’s innovative and fun fresh delivery, culinary, and growing programs have expanded year-over-year. BC School Fruit and Vegetable Nutritional Program, +Milk, Take a Bite of BC, Spuds in Tubs, Planting a Promise, Harvest Bin Project, Fresh to You Fundraiser, and Ag Adventures have now become mainstays in BC schools. Plus the Summer Institute program and professional workshops provide agriculture literacy education for teachers.
- BCAITC has become known as the source for BC agriculture resources with over 500 lessons, videos, recipes, and activities available for free download here or ordering here.
To celebrate three decades of bringing agriculture and food education to BC’s students, many fun and educational activities are planned year-round in 2022. Celebrations include:
- 30-year highlights video (below)
- 30 Favourite K-12 Agriculture and Food Resources
- 30 Favourite K-7 Agriculture Books
- 30 Favourite BC Grown Recipes
- BC Agri-Food Industry Gala Online Auction ($11,121 raised - thank you)
- Cheers to 30 Years Fundraiser Dinner ($14,000+ raised - thank you)
- Spring/Summer Ag Activity Pack in Celebration of 30 Years
- 30 School Garden Tips
- Fall Ag Activity Pack (coming soon)
- Milestone timeline (coming soon)
- Plus more activities coming soon
Stay tuned here for updates.
Thank You BCAITC Community
BCAITC’s growth over the past 30 years is thanks to the dedicated contributions from many - sponsors, donors, partners, champions, volunteers, Board of Directors, and staff. Plus, BCAITC’s success is possible with the passion of BC teachers who enthusiastically share BC’s agriculture and food story - and BC students who are eager to explore and learn. We are glad to have you on our team!
Pat Tonn, BCAITC Executive Director, said, “It’s remarkable how BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation’s footprint has grown over the past three decades! It’s been an incredible journey. Through programs, resources, and our network, we have expanded to reach over half a million students. As we look back fondly at the past thirty years, we are excited about the adventures ahead.”
Melanie Lantz, President, BCAITC Board of Directors, said, “A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has supported us over the years. Together, we have provided 30 years of interactive, thought-provoking, forward-thinking - and fun - agriculture education. We are excited to move into the future with your continued support!”
Share Your Stories and Quotes
We want to hear about your memorable experiences with BCAITC! Submit your stories or quotes on this online form here or share on social media with the hashtag #bcaitc30. Plus, stay tuned to our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages as we share these memories over the year.
Join BCAITC as we move forward into the next 30 years! Let’s celebrate!