Giving Tuesday 2022
Help Us Expand our Educational Footprint
Giving Tuesday takes place on November 29, 2022! The BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation (BCAITC) team invites you to support our non-profit, charitable organization on this day of giving to help expand our agriculture and food education footprint in British Columbia.
Help Us Grow
Over the past 30 years, BCAITC has grown by leaps and bounds, and we have now established ourselves as the leader in K-12 agriculture and food education in British Columbia. We now reach 500,000+ K-12 BC students annually with our culinary arts, fresh delivery, and professional development programs. Classrooms can also access our free online library of 500+ K-12 agriculture and food resources to learn about BC’s amazing agriculture and food story and important food security, environmental, career, and healthy living topics.
As BCAITC celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, we are experiencing an unprecedented demand for our educational tools. Many of our programs (such as Spuds in Tubs, Planting a Promise, Harvest Bin Project, and Common Ground: The Strawberry Project) have long teacher waiting lists. Plus, our K-12 online resources are also in high demand with a 47% increase in downloads over the past 3 years. We need the help of people - like you - to expand our offerings so more youth can learn the value of agriculture!
How You Can Help
Here are ways you can support BCAITC this Giving Tuesday (or any time of year):
- $25 buys strawberry plants for a class
- $50 brings Planting a Promise to a classroom
- $75 provides an Ag Adventures classroom tour
- $100 brings Spuds in Tubs to a classroom
- $1,000 develops a new agriculture lesson plan
- $3,000 brings the Harvest Bin Project to a school
Put your special teaching, gardening, and organization talents to use and volunteer for BCAITC:
- Gardeners: Help maintain The Pencil Patch learning garden (Abbotsford).
- Ag Adventures Hosts: Teach students about BC agriculture with tours of The Pencil Patch and Stable Harvest Farm (Abbotsford and Langley).
- Photographers: Take photos of various BCAITC initiatives in action to help spread our story (all areas of BC)
- Packers: Help assemble kits for various programs (Abbotsford and Surrey).
- A generous $10,000+ partnership helps to bring a new program or resource to life.
“Over the past 30 years, numerous supporters have championed our educational programs and resources,” said Pat Tonn, Executive Director at BCAITC. “We need the help of additional supporters to help keep our organization vibrant for the next 30 years. This Giving Tuesday, donate, volunteer, or partner with us to help give more young people the gift of education.”
Melanie Lantz, President of the BCAITC Board of Directors said, “Join the Giving Tuesday movement this year and support BCAITC. By gifting to our organization you’ll enable all students to have the chance to see a daffodil bloom and experience the joy of gardening… enable all classrooms to plant strawberries and learn about native plant species… enable all schools to have the opportunity to grow a school garden and learn about food from farm to fork. Thank you for your support!”
Interested in supporting BCAITC? Contact Pat Tonn to see how you can get involved. Share on social media: #GivingTuesday #BCAITC